Creative Director . Art Director . Designer .
I’m David Montrose, a London-based multi-disciplined senior creative with 16 years industry experience.
While my main love and focus is all things digital, over the last two decades I have designed and directed everything from print editorial, social, and OOH advertising, through film and animation, photo shoots with high-profile musicians from bands such as Arctic Monkeys, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Cream, to large-scale responsive web and enterprise-scale design systems for startups and FTSE100s including Vodafone, Sky, Tesco, Fender, British Heart Foundation and Sage.
I believe in the relentless pursuit of the why and what for. I strive to help create experiences that make a fundamental difference to the way businesses are perceived and interacted with, connecting brands with people in the most compelling way possible. I am an experienced team leader, and believe in creating cultures where both collaboration and individual creativity is encouraged.
I am currently Senior Digital Art Director at Valtech UK.
For my previous experience, you can find me on Linkedin.
View a selection of my work below.
Skills & Experience:
- Art, Design & Creative Direction
- Digital experience across design systems, campaign, OOH, native mobile & responsive
- UI, UX, prototyping, interaction/motion design
- Branding & identity development
- Content and creative strategy
- Product & portrait photoshoot direction – studio & location
- Team building & leadership
- Project scoping – time/budgeting
- Client/stakeholder consultation
- Creative/project workshops
- Adobe CC – PS, ID, AI, AE; Sketch, InVision
- Front-end dev – CSS3, HTML5, jQuery
A few brands I’ve worked with