Creative Director . Art Director . Designer .
I’m David Montrose, a London-based multi-disciplined senior creative with 16 years industry experience.
While my main love and focus is all things digital, over the last two decades I have designed and directed everything from print editorial, social, and OOH advertising, through film and animation, photo shoots with high-profile musicians from bands such as Arctic Monkeys, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Cream, to large-scale responsive web and enterprise-scale design systems for startups and FTSE100s including Vodafone, Sky, Tesco, Fender, British Heart Foundation and Sage.
Previously part of the senior management team of 65-person full-service Top 100 Independent Agency, I am an experienced team leader, and believe in creating cultures where both collaboration and individual creativity is encouraged.
You can currently find me at Valtech in London.
For past experience and to read nice things people have said about me, you can find me on Linkedin.
Skills & Experience:
- Art, Design & Creative Direction
- Agency and team leadership
- Agency operations
- Client / stakeholder consultation
- Project scoping – time/budgeting
- Creative/project workshops
- Digital design systems, campaign, OOH, native mobile & responsive
- UI, UX, prototyping, interaction/motion design
- Branding & identity development
- Content and creative strategy
- Product & portrait photoshoot direction – studio & location
- Adobe CC – PS, ID, AI, AE; Sketch, InVision
- Front-end dev – CSS3, HTML5, jQuery
A few brands I’ve worked with